Monday, February 21, 2011

RecycleMania

American University has recently become involved in a competition called, "RecycleMania." It runs from February 6th to April 2nd and is meant to encourage a more green-friendly campus. I think the fact that tournaments such as these exist suggest a shift in the American mindset towards being ecologically friendly. This shift, in turn, represents a growing opportunity for the energy industry to promote green products and practices. Not only would doing so protect the environment, but it would also increase an organization's dedication to CSR, which would result in higher profits.

2 comments:

  1. Haha a more green-friendly campus? I didn't realize we could go more green than we already are! Not that it's a bad thing, but I am simply surprised at the determination of AU students- it makes me proud. Whoever is in charge of this should give you some kudos; this is the first time I am hearing/reading about RecycleMania. I will definitely help out where and when I can. I wonder if our green-campus will ever be green enough to satisfy all the everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so proud to be part of a university that is always trying to help society, environment and the world as a whole.

    ReplyDelete